Since it is the first week of Kindergarten there is no real homework this week! However, please start reading with your child nightly if possible. It will help them grow in literacy!
Please go over the classroom rules with your child. The rules are from the Whole Brain Teaching method.
- Rule #1: Follow directions quickly
- Rule #2: Raise your hand for permission to speak.
- Rule #3: Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
- Rule #4: Make smart choices.
- Rule #5: Keep your dear teacher happy :)
We will be going over these rules everyday this week and practicing them. We have started using the behavior chart and your child's behavior will be recorded everyday in The PIRATE Book! Enjoy the first week of Kindergarten!